Community Input and Engagement
Your input is very important to us and we want to know what you think. By being part of the conversation and having your say you can help us create a vibrant, connected, diverse community and shape the future of Forbes.
Community Nominations OPEN
Council is calling for nominations from suitably interested or qualified community members to provide advisory input into its Saleyards and Tourism Committees.
Nomination forms and Terms of Reference for each committee are available on Council’s website and at Council’s Administration Office at 2 Court Street Forbes.
Nominations close at 5pm, Friday 20 May 2022. For further information, please contact Council’s Governance Officer on 6850 2300.
|| Positions Available
| Saleyards Advisory Committee
- Transport Representative
- Regional Transport Representative
| Events & Tourism Committee
- Food House representative
- Hotel Representative
- Motel Representative
- Caravan Park Representative
- Alternates for each position
Your Say Forbes
We want to hear your ideas and feedback on issues that are important to you. By participating, you can help Council make well-informed decisions that achieve the best outcomes for our community. We will consider your feedback and report back to you on how your input contributed to Council decisions.
You can provide feedback to the Shire on topics such as:
- The future vision for Forbes
- How you feel about specific plans and projects that the town has in mind
- Local Planning Policies, Local Planning Scheme or other Planning Strategies.
- Development approvals
There are a number of other ways you can get involved in Council decision-making:
- Like our Facebook page for the latest information here
- View the latest media releases and news items here
- Get involved in community events and activities here
- Contact our friendly Community Relations Officer on 02 6852 2300.
To see our Policies relating to Community Consultation click on the link below:
Community Consultation Policy
To view Strategic Documents click link below: