All larger items which have reached its end of life can be disposed through the yearly bulky waste collection drive. It is a perfect opportunity for those who cannot take their bulky waste to the Daroobalgie waste management facility and cannot fit them in the 240 litre mobile garbage bin. This drive is part of the kerbside waste collection contract signed with J R Richards.
The Contractor and Council have the right to reject any items that they consider unacceptable.
Who is the service for ?
This collection service is only offered to the residents currently receiving a domestic kerbside waste collection service.
When does it happen ?
The next Bulky waste collection drive will be conducted the week of 2nd - 6th August. You can put your bulky waste out the weekend before for collection.
How much can I put out ?
The total volume of waste presented for collection must not exceed two (2) cubic metres. Items must be able to be reasonably removed by two people.
Where do I put it ?
Please place your waste neatly next to the edge of the kerb, not blocking the footpath, at your normal weekly bin collection point. It is also important to separate your waste into 3 separate piles:
- Scrap metal, white goods & e-waste;
- General bulky waste;
- Bundled organics.
Please secure items to avoid windblown littering. Loose items must be tied securely with rope or string, into bundles or contained in sturdy boxes.
What is acceptable ?
Acceptable metal and e-waste items include:
- Fridges, washing machines, stoves, microwaves. DOORS MUST BE REMOVED from all appliances and white goods.
- Metal lawn mowers, wheel barrows, empty paint tins, barbeques, pushbikes, hot water systems and metal furniture.
- Televisions, monitors, towers, printers, keyboards and laptops.
Acceptable organic items include:
- Garden prunings that cannot be placed in your green lidded bin.
- Tree limbs no longer than 1.8 metres and 250mm in diameter.
- Untreated timber
Acceptable general bulky items include:
- Mattresses, floor coverings, furniture, lounges, vacuum cleaners, small appliances, batteries and bric-a-brac.
Un-acceptable Items !
These materials will NOT be collected:
- Materials that exceed the maximum dimensions of 2 cubic metres
- Lengths of material longer than 1.8 metres (excluding mattresses)
- Items which cannot be reasonably removed by two people
- Trade, industrial & shop waste
- Items in plastic bags, cement bags
- Motor vehicles, engines, car parts and tyres
- Building & demolition material, concrete, bricks, tiles, fencing, plumbing fixtures, panes of grass and large carpet rolls
- Hazardous waste, asbestos, fibro, insulation batts, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, paint, solvents, chemicals, cleaners and unwanted medicines
- Liquids of any sort, fuels and oils
- Small machinery containing fuel or oil and oil heaters
- Material suitable for placement in your mobile garbage bins, including recyclables, organics, food scraps and household garbage
- Thorny bushes, soil, stones and sawdust
What else can I do?
We encourage residents to explore the opportunity to donate or sell unwanted items which can still be useful to someone else.