Recycling Collection Service –Fortnightly
Place all recyclables in the yellow lid bin. This reduces the amount of waste sent to landfill as the recycling is transported to the Materials Recovery Facility at VISY Recycling in Smithfield, NSW. It is here the recyclables are all sorted by a combination of hand and machine processes. The sorted materials are then sent to reprocessing factories to be made into new items.
Recycling Bin Essentials:
- Bins must be placed at the kerb the evening prior to your collection day
- Bins must not weigh more than 75 kilograms
- All bins must be approximately ½ metre apart from each other and clear of cars, trees and other obstacles
- Bin lids must close completely and nothing should protrude out of the top or bins will not be emptied
- Face bin openings to the road and place bins no further than ½ metre from the kerb or road’s edge
- Bins need to be removed from the kerb as soon as possible after emptying
If your bin is damaged please contact Waste Hotline 1300 725 415.
Please do not place plastic bags as plastic bags CANNOT be recycled in this bin.
What is accepted?
- Aluminium cans, trays and foil
- Magazines and paper
- Cardboard, boxes and drink cartons
- Glass bottles and jars
- Steel, tine and aerosol cans
- Hard plastic bottles and containers from the kitchen, bathroom and laundry
What isn't accepted?
- Polystyrene and foam
- Plastic bags, packets and film and general waste
- Clothes, ceramics, crockery, globes, mirrors and window glass
- Garden waste and food scraps
- Nappies, tissues and wipes
- Hazardous and medical waste, batteries, paints and oil