General Waste Collection Service –fornightly
All general waste from the red lid recycling bin is deposited to the Daroobalgie Waste Management Facility where it is landfilled. This waste stays there forever and generates Green House Gases which are harmful to both environment as well as to human health. Hence we recommend to reduce the general waste and segregate materials which can be recycled. When you 'rethink' about the waste you make and divert as much as possible by recycling in your yellow lid bin and using your food and garden waste bin, you are saving valuable resources from being lost forever to landfill.
- Bins must be placed at the kerb the evening prior to your collection day
- Bins must not weigh more than 75 kilograms
- All bins must be approximately ½ metre apart from each other and clear of cars, trees and other obstacles
- Bin lids must close completely and nothing should protrude out of the top or bins will not be emptied
- Face bin openings to the road and place bins no further than ½ metre from the kerb or road’s edge
- Bins need to be removed from the kerb as soon as possible after emptying
If your bin is damaged please contact Waste Hotline 1300 725 415.
What is accepted?
- Nappies and wipes
- Ceramics, crockery and clothes
- Plastic bags, plastic packets, wrappers and cling wrap
- Light globes and broken glass
- Polystyrene and foam
- Broken toys, broken household items, plastic strapping and coat hangers
What isn't accepted?
- Food and Garden Waste
- Medical waste and syringes
- Soil and rocks
- Building materials
- Hazardous waste, batteries, paint and oil