The COVID-19 situation is constantly changing, Forbes Shire Mayor, Phyllis Miller OAM wants to reassure residents that Council's priority remains unchanged – "the health and safety of our employees, residents and the whole community are our number one priority."
"We are here to help the Community by continuing to provide essential services during these challenging times," says Mayor Miller.
"These are very challenging times, and we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and closely following advice provided by New South Wales Health and the Australian Government Department of Health to keep our staff and the community safe.
"At present the Council administration office remains closed. We know the rates are due today, Tuesday, 31 August and normally you can pop into Council and to pay them."
Council have many payment options available:
- Payment over the phone by credit card (please have your details ready)
- Direct deposit to Council’s bank account BSB 032-822 A/C # 000102 (please use Assessment No. as reference)
- Direct debit arrangement (a form can be posted or emailed for set up)
- BPay transaction through internet banking
- Cheque posted to PO Box 333 FORBES NSW 2871 or delivered to our afterhours mail chute at the Town Hall administration main door.
"If these options are unsuitable to your circumstances, we understand," continues Mayor Miller. "Please contact our Rates Department and they will assist you further."
"Please be patient and understanding as we work through this situation together. We will do our best to help, but if you do experience wait times while your call is transferred, we apologise. I can assure you our staff are busy working behind those closed doors. We hope to open them again very soon."
For enquiries and assistance regarding Rates payable, please call (02) 6850 2319 or email to Heidi.Paterson@forbes.nsw.gov.au.