Works Within the Road Reserve
Council approval is required to carry out works or erect a structure in, on or over a public road (which includes the roadway, footpath and nature strip) under Section 138 of the Roads Act 1993. These works can include but are not limited to the following:
- Driveway construction that connects a property to a roadway
- Digging trenches or holes within a footpath or road
- Installing private utilities such as irrigation pipes within the road reserve
- Work on shopfronts such as painting or sign writing
- Placing a skip bin on the footpath
- Install a fence, gate or grid across a public road
Works related to any of the above require Council approval in the form of a S138 application form (DOCX 39KB) prior to the commencement of works.
If you are planning to undertake any works within a public road please contact Council for further information in order to assist with the application process. Additional information regarding the required payments are set-out in Council's fees and charges.
Please note an approval will not be issued until all payments are received.